Thursday, March 1, 2012

Fish Art


Since it's still winter and there is not a lot of fishing going on at the moment; and I'm about tired of tying flies; and some buddies have given me grief about writing lengthy dissertations that begin as random thoughts and end up as cheaply dispensed advice- I digress.

I actually saw this video posted on Moldy Chum the other day and really enjoyed it. It features the art work of Derek DeYoung and his Canvasfish Studio based in trout mecca Livingston, MT. And since I also really enjoy DeYoung's work,  I figured I'd share the video here.

Even if you aren't familiar with Canvasfish, chances are you've seen DeYoung's work adorning an Abel reel or on any number of Simms items. As he says in the video, his style may not suit everybody's taste, but one thing is for sure, it's unique with distinct qualities, which certainly sets it apart.

Grab a good cup of coffee, sit back, and enjoy. If nothing else, the imagery will get you stoked about your next trip to the 406.


Tyler

No comments: